[linux-dvb] Re: usage count misbehaviour with skystar2 / mt312/ dvb-core modules

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
Niklas Peinecke wrote:

Hernan A. Perez Masci wrote:

I've found a problem with skystar2 / mt312 modules (DVB version 1.1.0) with the kernel 2.4.24.

Let's first insert the skystar2 module:
I have the following in modules.conf to ensure the drivers get loaded/unloaded in the right order. The modules get loaded automagically when the frontend is accessed. If I want I can also do "modprobe aver" to load the whole lot. Works pretty well.

Your modules will be different of course.

# DVB
alias char-major-250 aver
alias aver sp887x
pre-install sp887x modprobe dvb-bt8xx
pre-install dvb-bt8xx modprobe bt878
pre-install bt878 modprobe bttv
pre-install bttv modprobe dvb-core

post-remove sp887x modprobe -r dvb-bt8xx
post-remove dvb-bt8xx modprobe -r bt878
post-remove bt878 modprobe -r bttv
post-remove bttv modprobe -r dvb-core

Dick