[linux-dvb] Re: WinTV Nova-T

Q wrote:

Hi can anyone on this list tell me if there is a working Linux driver for Wintv Nova-T?
Yes the linux-dvb driver code, see http://www.linuxtv.org/

Also what is the fron't end in Linux I should use to replace the WinTV Windows based front end?
I would like to continue to be able to shedule recordings etc, just as I can in Windows.
There are a couple of different applications which provide this "all in one" recording solution.
Each solution has a slightly different approach and it is dificult to say which is "best".
Try looking at

* VDR http://cadsoft.de/vdr
* MythTV http://www.mythtv.org <http://www.mythtv.org/>
* Freevo http://freevo.sourceforge.net/

Alternatively try reading the slides below for an introduction to some of the options for a Linux digital video recorder.
http://www.jburgess.uklinux.net/oxlug/oxlug-vdr-mk5.html

My machine runs has a couple of Nova-T PCI cards and runs VDR 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Jon