[linux-dvb] dec2000-t playback

hi,

I'm still looking for a way to playback video from my harddisk through the dec2000-t to my tv. So I studied the dvb-api, your driver's source and some mpeg documentation and now i think i basically know what has to be done. But this is the first time I'm working on a kernel module and still I'm not really sure and need some more hints to really start with it. so...
- the most important thing is to implement the demux write() function of the api for the dec box, correct?
- as we get pes streams from the box when recording, i guess the mpeg decoder can only handle pes and we have to transform the transport stream that is given to write() so that it can process it.
- we need to know the way the pes packets are transmitted to the dec, so I used usbsnoop with the windows app. Seems like i have to read some documentation about usb and after that find out how pes pacckets are transmitted via usb. Or can you give me some advice?
- most likely we have to tell the box that it has to receive data from the usb-bus instead of the antenna/frontend before starting the playback - perhaps i can find out how when i understand the usbsnoop log.
- I'm sure there are various things to update in ttusb_dec.c afterwards but the only obvious thing i found is registering a pointer to the new write-function in ttusb_dec_init_dvb(...) as dec->demux.write_to_decoder.

Am I right that far?

cheers
Ulf