[linux-dvb] [linux-dvb]Questions about kernel drivers and kernel 2.6

Hello List,

I have a Gentoo distri with kernel 2.6.2 running and the dvb kernle drivers build as modules.
One problem I have is that I have to create the /dev/dvb devices manually, devfs (built in the kernel) does not create these.
In /etc/devfsd.conf are the following lines:

REGISTER ^dvb$ PERMISSIONS root.root 0755
REGISTER ^dvb/adapter0$ PERMISSIONS root.root 0755
REGISTER ^dvb/adapter0/.*$ PERMISSIONS root.video 0660

The modules are loading fine and vdr is working.

Another problem is that sometimes:
modprobe -r dvb-ttpci
hangs. I execute this when restarting vdr or shutting down the system.
Unloading kernel modules is enabled, but not forcing.
Any hints what I can try or what I am doing wrong ?

--
Helmut Auer, helmut@helmutauer.de