[linux-dvb] Re: Most Current Linux TV tree

Hello,

On 02/26/04 16:57, Chris Foster wrote:
I am trying to make sure I am working with the most current software.  From
what I have read and found it appears the most current CVS module is
dvb-kernel.
Yes.

This seems to be where all current development is being done,
including that for drivers.
Yes.

It seems that dvb-kernel-v4 is where things are
headed with new Version 4 APIs.
V4 is the next generation DVB API, but there isn't a working driver yet.

V3 is currently the most recent DVB API, it's included in 2.6.3 and it can be compiled for 2.4 as well.

Finally it appears that the CVS Module is dead and that all work that was
being done is this module has now moved to dvb-kernel.
I don't understand about which "CVS Module" you are talking. 8-(

You probably mean the "DVB" tree. "DVB" supports the V3 API, but is the "old" driver where the "dvb-ttpci" cards have been handled by a monolithic driver. This has been split up. Some of the more recent drivers for so-called budget cards are only available in "dvb-kernel".

"DVB" can still be used for 2.4 installations with full-featured dvb-ttpci cards. It's mainly used by "stable" installations with the "vdr" program.

Chris Foster
CU
Michael.