[linux-dvb] AW: Re: How to send A/V-Packets without blocking the whole device

    >> Your description of what you do is rather vague. Assuming you
    >> write audio to /dev/dvb/adapterX/audioY and video to
    >> /dev/dvb/adapterX/videoY, why don't you use nonblocking I/O?

    Roland> Yes thats right, I open the devices with O_NONBLOCK and I
    Roland> poll each device to see if i can write new data. But it
    Roland> seems that the AUDIO device blocks also if there is enough
    Roland> video-data sent.  (and the other way round)

    Roland> btw. it doesn't matter if I fed the audio-LPCM frames in
    Roland> the audio or video device, because the data stream is
    Roland> demultiplexed in somewher the AV7110 again, and if the
    Roland> demx buffer is full both devices are blocked.

    Roland> I hope you understand my problem now.

Just to see if we have the same problem with our driver, have you
checked the driver from  http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html?

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|

Home | Main Index | Thread Index