[linux-dvb] Re: Vdr "video data stream broken"

> On Thursday 08 July 2004 16:56, Andreas Share wrote:
> > Maybe the driver should close all filters, tune and then restart the
> > filters...
>
> Agreed, especially when it is known, that some frontends deliver garbage,
when
> they are not locked.

Hmm, the ves1893....yes...but my brand new rev 1.5 with stv0299 have exactly
the same behavior like my budget cards..no more interrupts handled after
some time. I havenīt had tested my rev. 1.3 yet (because i know this results
in fw_command erros), but i think the problem was the same...no more data
handled and this cause the arm crashes. And this could explain why arm
recovery donīt work in the driver (since API3).

> > I have also tested "epg-scanning" without any section filter and a
shorter
> > scan_timeout (1s), and i could not crash the skystar2 in this case (with
~
> > 6000 channel switches in 2 hours).
>
> You mean PES filters instead of section filters?

No, i mean section filters, because vdr does not open any PES filter during
epg-scan.

btw: without this filters, the cards have nothing do and there is no data to
transfer from card to userspace in this case, so this was only some heavy
frontend testing.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index