[linux-dvb] Re: artefacts in picture - where can I find the module options? 2nd try

On Friday 09 July 2004 22:06, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I'm having artefacts in the picture (VDR). The HDD (SATA) performs with
> > 58 MB/s, so I assume it's related to the PCI-bus (on an i865PE board).
> >
> > Where can I find documentation about the kernel/module parameters for
> > PCI latency, burst, etc?
>
> I've already checked modinfo on kernel 2.6.6 modules and found some
> discussions on the ML about patches from 11/2003, but I don't know if they
> are uptodate. Can anyone give me a hint about the PCI kernel/module
> parameters for SAA7146? (The VDR-server is my only receiver ... :-(

Check out the manpage for 'lspci' and 'setpci', they should be sufficient, but
if you wonder about any of the options, I bet a google would give you the
answer. Also the list archive (*1) contains a lot of posts about pci latency.
Usually this is only needed to get around mainboard flaws.

Kenneth