[linux-dvb] Re: Vdr 'video data stream broken' fix

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Frank Oppel wrote:
>
>>it would be interesting for us, what the developers from Convergence
>>or the other gurus think about the "video data stream broken"-error,
>>wouldn't it?
>>
>>Why the don't join the discussion about this problem?
>

> Because I cannot reproduce it. Maybe I haven't tried hard enough,
> but then I don't have the time to do that.

Did you try with VDR? I have not found any errors with simple tools
(szap, viewing with xine etc.) but I get that error reliably with VDR
when I start a recording on the budget card (see below).

> So far the postings on that subject didn't give me enough reliable
> information what the problem might be.

That's true. It seems to happen with almost any driver/kernel/card type
combination. What stands out somewhat is a combination of VDR and a 2+
card setup with budget cards.

Maybe VDR does something wrong/special that triggers a bug in the DVB
subsystem?

Some datapoints from me:

1. VDR gives that error if no SAT cable is connected to the budget card.
That should definitely not happen resp. should be handled more gracefully.

2. VDR gives the error on me when starting the very first recording
after startup. Other symptom is that I'm not getting any data from VDR
via the streamdev plugin in this situation. If I tune the cards to an
arbritary channel with szap -x before I start VDR, that does not happen.

System: SuSE 9.0 an VIA EPIA ME6000 with Kernel 2.4.25-epia and
DVB-1.1.1 driver. DVB cards: Nexus-s rev. 2.1 and Skystar 2 rev 2.6c.

If I can do something to give you more information I would be glad. But
my time unfortunately is limited too.

Wolfgang

> Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index