[linux-dvb] Gettin' started

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get digital TV working on my RH 9 system. After a first visit to your site, I bought a Hauppage Nova-T budget card (60 quid or so...).

/sbin/lspci gives:

01:08.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)

I was wondering what would be the easiest, fool-proof way to install the drivers for my card so that, obviously, I can watch TV. Are there any RPMs I could use?

Unfortunately I haven't had much success with apt:

[jhiver@future jhiver]$ apt-cache search dvb
mplayer - MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux.
libdvbpsi - Library for decoding and generating MPEG TS and DVB PSI tables
libdvbpsi-devel - Development files from the libdvbpsi library
xine-lib - Core library of the xine multimedia player
videolan-client - The VideoLAN client, also a very good standalone video player.

Any pointers to relevant docs very appreciated :-)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index