[linux-dvb] Re: help with skystar2

Sascha Retzki wrote:
> hello everybody,
>

> sorry if that is the wrong place to ask user-questions. I have a
> TechniSat SkyStar2 ( b2c2 ) and successfully compiled the linuxtv-1.1.1
> package for 2.4 via make and later make insmod. I have this modules
> loaded without errors:
> skystar2
> video-buf
> v4l2-common
> v4l1-compat
> dvb-core
>
> The Documentation/dvb/faq.txt tells me that I have to use
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 as stdin for mplayer/xine to watch tv: This
> device is not there. Its never created. If I manually create it as
> char-device, major 250 minor 5 ( as done by some header included by
> skystar2.c, from my limited linux-kernel-c expiriences ), xine does not
> really work, too.

1. You need additional devices. For your convenience, the shell script
MAKEDEV-DVB.sh is included in the dvb driver package. Run it as root and
you'll get all the required devices.

2. You need to tune to a channel before you may watch it with xine etc.
You may use "szap" for this. It is included in the linuxtvb-dvb-apps tar
ball.

If you have these prerequisites, you may follow the top level README in
the dvb driver package to get xine/mplayer working. At least it worked
for me (Skystar 2 rev 2.6c. Kernel 2.4.25).

Good luck,

Wolfgang

> Any help ?
>

> Thanks, Sascha Retzki