[linux-dvb] dvb_frontend_ioctl & frontend_notifier

Hi,

i have seen dvb_frontend_ioctl() calls the fronend_notifier funktion on
every diseqc or set_tone ioctl and set fe->state =FESTATE_IDLE

 switch (cmd) {
 case FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD:
 case FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST:
 case FE_SET_TONE:
  if (fe->status)
   dvb_call_frontend_notifiers (fe, 0);
  dvb_frontend_internal_ioctl (&fe->frontend, cmd, parg);
         fe->state = FESTATE_IDLE;
  break;

Is there a reason to do this *not* in case of FE_SET_VOLTAGE ?

If there is no reason, i think FE_SET_VOLTAGE should be added to the
"diseqc" block above and maybe dvb_call_frontend_notifiers (fe, 0); to case
FE_SET_FRONEND to avoid missing notifier calls in case we only do change the
frequency because we tune to an transponder with same position, band &
polarisation.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index