[linux-dvb] Re: Is DVB the right place for FusionHDTV card driver?

Mac Michaels wrote:
I own a DViCO FusionHDTV 3 Gold card and am writing a driver for it. I have modified the cx88 V4L2 driver to almost work for NTSC-M. All video and tuner functions work, no sound yet.

I want to write a driver for the ATSC transport stream. Is DVB or V4L2 the best place to implement a driver for DViCO FusionHDTV?
It would be nice to see theDVB frontend API extended so that it seamlessly supports all digital TV frontends including ATSC.

The card uses a Microtune 4042 FI5 tuner, LG DT3302 receiver, and CX23881 to interface to the PCI bus among other things. Is there already DVB code to handle any of these chips?
as far I know, not. But the SAA7146 and the bt8xx DVB drivers are based on the corresponding V4L drivers, too.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index