[linux-dvb] Re: new DVB-T PCI card from Lifeview is out in Australia

From: <linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org>
> just a head's up that there is a new DVB-T PCI device from Lifeview
> which is out and on store shelves in Australia.

Interesting. Lifeview has had several different DVB-T PCI cards on their
website for a while, but I never heard of them actually being sold anwhere.
I'm doubtful if they'll make it to Europe... :(

> This card is very small (12cm x 5cm) and uses a Philips Silicon Tuner
> (TDA8274), a Philips TDA10046HT DVB-T decoder and a Philips SAA7134HL

Thanks for the hardware details.

> A datasheet for the TDA8274 can be found at:
> A datasheet for the TDA10046HT can be found at:
> SAA7134HL info, development tools and datssheets are at:

There are all WORTHLESS. None of these documents conveys any programming
information. Philips is, unfortunately, not offering any _real_ datasheets
anymore. You cannot write any driver based on the information they publish.

> The Silicon tuner is not quite as strong as the Samsung/LG and MT352
> combos used in the Avermedia A771 and DVIco FusionHDTV cards,
> but it is still quite good.

In other words, it's not worth it trying to dig up "leaked" datasheets for
a card that is hard to come by, and not _that_ good either...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net