[linux-dvb] Re: "Video datastream brocken" - origin (maybe) found

Helmut Auer wrote:
> Andreas Share wrote:
>
> >after tons of debug-logs i have found (maybe) the reason for the "Video
> >datastream broken" errors (and maybe UPT errors too).
> >
> >The problems, at least with my skystar2 cards, are caused by an
> >inconsistend
> >timing (different runtime) between frontend and demux ioctl´s.
>
> Are the DVB-driver developers aware of this problem ?
> I am surprised to see no comments here. For some VDR-users the UPT- or
> datastream broken error is a great pain.

Andreas' experimental code does arbitrary changes to certain
timings until it works for *him*. That's not a solution, but
it certainly indicates where the problem might come from.

There were posting here suggesting bugs with vdr's handling
of FE_GET_EVENT, maybe that's the way to go?

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index