[linux-dvb] skystar2 question #2

Ok, Thanks to the replies, I got it working ( still don't know why I
must modprobe modules seperatly that depends on each other (?)).

1.) SkyStar2 ( b2c2 ) seems to have no MPeg2 encoder, right ? At least
xine stdin://mpeg2 </dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 does not work, but enabling
dvb in the latest lib and pressing the knob works. But sometimes, the
switching of the channels behaves odd and/or leads in crashes of xine.
Custom channel.conf, can that be the reason ?

2.) How do I generally record ? As I read somewhere that VDR needs
oncard mpeg2 encoder (?); Starting VDR results in:
root@darkstar:~ # vdr
_
and nothing more ( _ is the cursor ;) ). stracing it results in
nanosleep() .... .

Sorry that I use User-Questions on a Developers list, if that is
depreciated.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index