[linux-dvb] Re: Fwd: Problems with the bttv driver and an avermediaDVB-T card

David Maslen <dmm_au@yahoo.com> writes:
> Can someone explain what's happening here with linux 2.6.7 and the
> latest bttv driver from bytesex.org and my avermedia DVB-T card? It's
> working but not well enough to set and forget.
>
> Basically it's working, but it isn't reliable. Sometimes (eventually)
> it will just stop tuning until the bttv driver is reloaded manually.

Thought I'd follow up my own post.

It's now working really well, and has been for about a week.
Note this isn't a avermedia 771 card.

Basically I downloaded the 2.6.7 source code.
Applied the bytesex kraxel patches.
Applied the patch posted to this list a while back about default
setting for this avermedia DVB-T card.
And finally removed the nvidia driver in favour of the open source nv
xfree86 driver.

Personally I think the nvida xfree86 driver was causing a problem with
the bttv driver.

Difficult to prove, but anyone experiencing reliability problems with
a similar setup might like to try it.

If anyone needs greater detail on the patches mentioned above contact
me on or off the list and I'll dig up some links.

cheers

David

Home | Main Index | Thread Index