[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC][ANNOUNCE] blindscan: auto search everything

Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> Andreas Oberritter <obi@linuxtv.org> wrote:
>
> > Then, because we surely want to submit all changes to the official
> > kernel tree, it would be good to follow the kernel coding style, i.e.
> > replace c++ comments by c comments etc. Please have a look at
> > linux/Documentation/CodingStyle.
>
> "//" is part of c and used in great quantity in the kernel (try a grep
> in the dvb subdir); it is preferred for short comments because you
> can then comment a big block with "/*"..."*/ without nesting comments.

We were pretty sloppy when accepting patches in the past, however
DVB code is under public scrutiny on lkml, and C++ comments are
not accepted for kernel code.
If you need to comment out large blocks you can use #if 0.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index