[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC][ANNOUNCE] blindscan: auto searcheverything

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 17:27:47 +0200
Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> wrote:

> We were pretty sloppy when accepting patches in the past, however
> DVB code is under public scrutiny on lkml, and C++ comments are
> not accepted for kernel code.

OK, I simply tried to use the style of the rest of the file.
I'll avoid "//" comments and clean the whole mt312.c, if it's so.

But there is a lot of cleaning work to be done, not only in dvb,
but in *every part* of the kernel.
I found more than 2000 files with "//", for a total of more than
26000 lines. :-)

Are you sure about this "//" rule? No mention in CodingStyle and
too much infringing code already accepted.

Regards.
   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it

Home | Main Index | Thread Index