[linux-dvb] Re: Changing channel problem.

I have the same problem (or at least very similar).  I'm fairly certain there's some kind of bug in the tuning code for Mythtv but I've been hunting through the source code for a while now and can't see anything suspicious (yet).  I'm reasonably certain that it's not a hardware / PCI / antenna problem as the card produces a fine data stream when running under other environments.

However, I have trialled different PCI latency settings, moved the card to a dedicated IRQ PCI slot and checked the antenna against a STB (which works perfectly)

Searching through the archives, I see that several people have had problems.

It seems to me that it's the retune (rather than initial tune) that's causing the problems.  When changing channels on the same frequency all the drivers have to do is change the PIDs.  Retuning causes a PID change plus a frequency change.

> If i go back to the Mythtv GUI and selects watch tv again it tunes
> emediatly.
> So all channels tune fast when i come from the MythTv gui.
> But changing channel to one of them does not work :-(

And this is (I think) because mythtv doesn't have any PIDs registered with the drivers - more evidence that it's a fault in the way mythtv interacts with the DVB drivers (or a possible fault in the DVB drivers I suppose).

> I use a week old DVB from CVS.

:( I was about to grab the latest CVS and see whether any patches had been applied that fixed the problem.  I haven't a lot of time currently to devote to this problem but I'll try and take a look again this week.

Mark