[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC][ANNOUNCE] blindscan: auto search everything

Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> wrote:
>
> > We were pretty sloppy when accepting patches in the past, however
> > DVB code is under public scrutiny on lkml, and C++ comments are
> > not accepted for kernel code.
>
> OK, I simply tried to use the style of the rest of the file.
> I'll avoid "//" comments and clean the whole mt312.c, if it's so.
>
> But there is a lot of cleaning work to be done, not only in dvb,
> but in *every part* of the kernel.
> I found more than 2000 files with "//", for a total of more than
> 26000 lines. :-)
>
> Are you sure about this "//" rule? No mention in CodingStyle and
> too much infringing code already accepted.

I can't find any authoritative posting, but this comes up
regularly on lkml. If you search the bitkeeper changesets
for "comments" you will find numerous entries referring to
changing comments style.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index