[linux-dvb] Re: Easy way to have patch against a kernel ?

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 14:49, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to test the new dvb-kernel, but I also don't want to be
> forced to have a different kernel source for each kernel as I can't
> patch if with for example patch-2.6.8-rc1-rc2.bz2.
>
> So my question : does someone have a script that produce a "big" patch
> against the current kernel from the dvb-kernel CVS ?
>
> Thank you very much,

Hmm i think i don't understand fully what you want. You should be able to
build kernel 2.6 Modules outside the kernel  very simple. though i don't know
if the dvb-kernel is prepared for it. For other kernel modules i have used
successfully

make -C /usr/src/linux-2.6...mdk/ M=$PWD

I don't know if this is standard. I have used it for trying dkms.

Steffen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index