[linux-dvb] Re: "Video datastream broken" the legend continues...

Hello Alfred,

My rev 1.3 board will keep automatically zapping channels within VDR (1.3.12) if i use
any dvb-kernel CVS , 2.4 or 2.6, or sometimes blacks out for 0.5 to 1 second.

I just tried with the modified alps_bsrv2 driver you posted and so far, no single automatic zapping
(2.4 dvb-kernel CVS + your alps_bsrv2 patches)

Using the szap-status-time program that Hermann Gausterer sent, i see a clear difference when i use
ves1x93 or alps_bsrv2 frontend (see one of my previous post)

Using ves1x93, i see ten times or more status changes compared to using alps_bsrv2.

Now that i can reproduce the behavior at will, i'm eager to test any ves1x93 patches in order to solve this issue,
so i can finally switch to kernel 2.6 :)

Thanks,

Philippe

PS: the "experimental" ves1x93 patches sent to the list few days ago didn't solve the problem i have.Yet only
switching to older alps_bsrv2 frontend driver will make the problem go away.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:42:40 +0200
Alfred Zastrow <dvb@zastrow4u.de> wrote:

  | I use two rev 1.3 cards and therefore I made the old bsrv2 frontend
  | driver compile with the actually dvb-kernel-driver (2.4).
  |
  | I ran several tests and cold boots. Up to now I have no broken recording.
  |

  | Alfred

Home | Main Index | Thread Index