[linux-dvb] Re: "Video datastream broken" the legend continues...

Hello Herrmann,

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:49:35 +0200
Hermann Gausterer <mrq1@gmx.net> wrote:

  | On Wednesday 04 August 2004 05:09, Philippe Gramoullé wrote:
  | > Hello Hermann,
  |
  | hi philippe!
  |
  | from a other mail from you:
  | > My rev 1.3 board will keep automatically zapping channels within VDR
  | > (1.3.12) if i use any dvb-kernel CVS , 2.4 or 2.6, or sometimes blacks out
  | > for 0.5 to 1 second.
  |
  | i get this short blackouts too, but sometimes the scree stays black, i have
  | to zap to another channel and back for continuing watching ...

Yes i do have this as well but less often than the "short" blackouts.

  | but i do not know what you mean with "auto zapping"; can you explain this
  | to me (or where you see a actual tuning ...)

Well, while i'm tuned in a channel for few minutes, VDR switches to another channel.
I still didn't have watched this phenomenon while running the modified szap program so i don't know
exactly what going on, but it ddefinitely switches the channel automaticaly.

  | > Though i don't see any automatic channels zapping yet, here is a sample
  | > output of the modified szap:
  |
  | do you really think that the card is tuning every time when this lock-loss
  | happens? (never thought about this ....)

I don't really know actually, maybe someone more experienced with the code could answer this.

  | > With the linux-dvb drivers from 2003-11-08 ( original unpatched alps_bsrv2
  | > frontend driver ), i get this:
  |
  | in your case is the old driver really behaving different ... i tested with
  | 2.6.7 kernel-dvb and an old 2.4 with normal (not kernel-dvb) 1.1 driver..
  | in my case no difference .. ~2 sec. between a lock-loss.

For me, the difference is impressive, with the old alps_bsrv2, i can grab the lock for 15 seconds sometimes,
with the new ves1x93 i can't grab the lock more than 1 second.

  | > Hope that helps ( and will gladly test out any patch set that would help
  | > nail those Rev1.3/ves1x93 issues )
  |
  | at the moment, i have no idea for a patch in any way ... but i think it would
  | be i good idea for you to writing the necessary steps for adding the old
  | bsrv2 module to the dvb-kernel ... i think, that will help ... i want try this
  | to, and if you know how that exactly works, i don't have to figure it out
  | again ;-)

Alfred Zastrow sent a mail with 4 files ( 2 Makefiles, the alps_bsrv2.c and a .h file ).
It quite easy, just check the files, and replace the originals. Put the .c file in ~/build-2.4 directory,etc...

If you don't succeed, i'll mail you the exact locations.

thanks,

Philippe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index