[linux-dvb] Re: A/V dropouts when switching section filters

hi klaus, nice to see you on this list :-)

On Sunday 08 August 2004 12:22, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> - When VDR manipulates section filters, sometimes the A/V data stream
> blacks out. Most of the time the picture returns after a short while, but
> sometimes it doesn't.

i got the same behavior, but in my case it even happens when tuning and
watching only with szap ... so vdr is definitely not the cause for this
blackouts ...

> - If I disable the StartSectionHandler() call in VDR's
> cDvbDevice::cDvbDevice(), the problem does not occur, so I guess it must
> have to do with section filtering.

if i load with "modprobe ves1x93 debug=1" then i see entries in form of:

Aug  8 13:42:47 xyz kernel: ves1x93_set_symbolrate: srate == 27500000
Aug  8 13:42:47 xyz kernel: FNR= 0
Aug  8 13:42:47 xyz kernel: ratio= 01388553
Aug  8 13:42:47 xyz kernel: BDR= 0009c42b
Aug  8 13:42:47 xyz kernel: BDRI= 69

which happens in ves1x93_set_symbolrate, which is called from
ves1x93_ioctl with option (FE_SET_FRONTEND)

i tried with an active recording on every card and with disabled epg scan
and get this events too ... i do not know why this happens but in my case
it appears always at the same time as a blackout .. but i do not know why
this calls happens in a stable situation (nothing changes, not recording
starts or stops and so on ...)

> - In order to rule out a firmware or AV7110 problem I have set up my
>   channels so that the actual signal is always taken from my second
>   DVB card, which is a WinTV NOVA-S (a budget card), and is displayed
>   on the primary device via "Transfer Mode". It makes no difference
>   whether I do it this way or watch live tv directly on the primary
>   (full featured Siemens Rev. 1.3) card.

if you search the list, you will see two utils which show up that the 1.3
happens to lose the lock periodically for a short period of time, it is
not clear why and how that happens .. you should try this to

hermann

Home | Main Index | Thread Index