[linux-dvb] Re: Firmware won't upload.

ls -l /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root root 245760 2002-11-14 09:00
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin

Well I figured that someone might assume that it was a trivial oversight
on my part. But for that to be true it would have to be a persistent
oversite, repeated perhaps 10's or maybe 100's of times over, across
every major distribution currently in circulation, every 2.6x kernel
from 2.6.4 on and through every firmware file version available in the
last 18 months.

I have been nothing if not thorough.

Nonetheless the input of a number of members on this list has been
enlightening - and the prospect of a kernel patch to resolve what I have
come to believe is a fault in which I have had no part in creating, is
at least an enticing prospect.

So to coin a phrase, Yay, to a patch!

This is rather a frustrating behaviour - particularly when it represents
something that previously had seemed (as in watching TV) so
fundamentally trivial. It's not even as if I watch TV very often.
However I do enjoy a challenge, so perhaps the sheer challenge alone is
significant enough to justify the amount of time and effort I have
invested in attempting to resolve this issue. Perhaps if there is a
patch, or a fix of some other kind, in some very small way someone else
will benefit and will not experience the same issues and the cause of
Linux for the masses can advance that little bit further. Maybe.

Anyway I would appreciate being kept informed of any kernel patch
progress and I will study the advice given here carefully - and if
successful - I will report the results.

Best regards,

GJ

Home | Main Index | Thread Index