[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan DST / TS204 and signal quality questions

On Monday 16 August 2004 04:10, Måns Rullgård wrote:

> What sort of documents was that?  I can't find any mention of I frame
> intervals in the MPEG standards, but I may have missed it.

Actually now that I think of it it wasn't any kind of general mpeg2
knowledge but encoder documentation and behaviour. For tmpgenc and cce to
be exact. They both had 15 as the highest you could select (for PAL
anyway) and those two being the most popular encoders I assumed this was
the limit. I'm guessing they made it so to prevent people from encoding
streams incompatible with DVD.

Interesting how all the docs I can dig up say there are "restrictions on
the GOP structure" but don't bother mentioning what exactly these
restrictions are.

We're way off topic here :)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index