[linux-dvb] video data stream broken - 1st discoveries

Hi,

this afternoon I spent some hours trying to reproduce the vdsb error
without VDR but without success. But I made another interesting discovery.
To be able to simulate the behavior of VDR with szap by hand I shut down
EPG scan in VDR by setting the timeout to 0 (to have the same behavior in
VDR and SZAP). At the end of my tests I rebooted my System and let it run
for 1-2 hours. After that time a timer starts and the recording was
working without the vdsb error. This  was the FIRST TIME in the last weeks
a timer worked without prior reboot!  But Iit even comes better - In the
meantime 2 hours are past and I just did a recording on another
transponder and IT WORKED TOO.

This leads me to the conclusion that the "transponderhopping" has
something to do with the vdsb error. As we know the problem ony happens
with a budget as second card and with the 2.6.x kernel driver. The
question now is what happens to the budget card while hopping from
transponder to transponder in oposite to the the FF card (cause it don't
happens in systems wirth 2 FF and one budget card)

If anyone likes to continue my tests - it's easy to see if the problem
exists - just tune with szap to a channel 'szap -a1 -n1 -r' don't forget
the -r parm here to enable the dvr0 device to deliver a ts and open
another terminal and cat the ts out of the dvr0 device into a file 'cat
/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 > test.ts' and watch it grows.

If the problem exists everything will look normal (no log message or
something) but there will be no data coming from dvr0 device.

Hope that halps a bit

Greetings
Stefan

P.S. Maybe someone could try to reproduce the things I discovered ?!

Home | Main Index | Thread Index