[linux-dvb] Which DVB-c card to buy for VDR

Hello,

I plan to make a vdr out of my old PC and need advice which DVB card to buy. I
have digital cable.
I guess it needs a MPEG decoder in hardware and a tv-out. The german magazine
c't (8/2004 p. 103) recommands Technotrend compatible cards.
But on http://www.linuxtv.org/dvb/market.xml it is written, that the newer
version 2.1 of Technotrend DVB-c card is not supported.
I digged in the mailing list and found some trouble with TT 1100/WinTV Nexus
CA:

Can somebody say whether these cards work now?
Can I use other DVB-c cards?

Thanks a lot!
Christian

PS: Could it be that the mail archive search
(http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/htwrap.pl) is not working correctly when you
sort by time? I searched for dvb-c and got the newest hit from 03/04/04. But
the first mail I quoted is from October and contains the string in the
subject and in the body.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index