[linux-dvb] Re: C-band Satellite IP Multicast reception question - Finally.

Final question - hopefully.  On the working card, I have some weird process I
have to go through to get things up and running.

First, I have to create my device files - and it appears that I must use
"dvbtune -n", using dvbnet yields unpredictable results.

After I make all four devices (and is there a way to put all PIDs on the same
interface?), then I run szap with the C-BAND options for the LNB, and the
"-x" to kick back immediately upon locking.

Now, if I attach and read from my devices then, I'll get a couple
packets . . . and then it stops.  In order to keep data flowing, I have to
run "dvbtune -m" (femon will work for a short period, and then it will lose
lock) and just let it run . . . and I have to do it immediately following the
szap . . . or the lock drops, and I end up needing to do szap again,
immediately followed by "dvbtune -m".

This is bizarre . . . I would assume once the lock has occurred, that one
could just walk away, and the thing would just run.

It's rather strange to have to run a monitoring tool all the time just to get
the data to keep flowing . . . . any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Stonewall

Home | Main Index | Thread Index