[linux-dvb] Re: Only Trouble with DVB-T (Budget drivers broken)

On Monday 03 January 2005 13:53, Andre Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote to this list some weeks ago, telling, that i had problems with
> my new DVB-T setup.
>
> It takes about 7 Sec. To get a lock with the T cards, and very often the
> firmware of my Siemens
> DVB-C crahes (COMMAND idle).
>
> Now i really tracked this down. I tested other antennas, other places
> for the antenna. Same result. I even
> tried the very old DVB HEAD driver and voila: thats it. With kernel 2.4
> and the old DVB HEAD driver lock speed is very great with my Nova-T.
>
> So i think, something important changed in the driver, so that the lock
> speed is so bad.
>
> Maybe anyone can help...

Can't say I've noticed that here, running Nova-t and DVB-s with no dish in the
UK - and I've tried numerous configurations over the last few weeks.

What I have found is that the 1.1.x series drivers seem to produce much more
noticeable/annoying audio and visual glitches than the 1.0.x series.

Andy

Home | Main Index | Thread Index