[linux-dvb] Re: development for DVB-c cards?

Gerhard Steiner wrote:
I am using the driver from 2003-11-08 and sometimes there are more or less
heavy distortions (especially with QAM256) and some channels do not work at
all, but the system is up and running.
- Would it make sence it upgrade to a newer version?
I'm using Kernel 2.6.9 including the shippped dvb driver with a Hauppauge DVB-C. Together with TvTime-0.9.15, vdr-1.3.17 and lirc-0.7 it works very good.
There are negligible distortions only when watching prior recorded movies from harddisk.
When watching DVB-C without recording there are no glitches at all.
- Has there been any improvement in this area?
- Is it worth to make an update?
As said above!
- Does an upgrade of the memory maybe help to get better picture quality?
My AMD-XP-2500 has 256MByte main memory.
Thanks for any help
Gerhard

Ciao Ruediger D.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index