[linux-dvb] Re: Only Trouble with DVB-T (Budget drivers broken)

"Andre Neumann" <chef@andre-neumann.de> wrote:

> It takes about 7 Sec. To get a lock with the T cards, and very often the
> firmware of my Siemens
> DVB-C crahes (COMMAND idle).
>
> Now i really tracked this down. I tested other antennas, other places
> for the antenna. Same result. I even
> tried the very old DVB HEAD driver and voila: thats it. With kernel 2.4
> and the old DVB HEAD driver lock speed is very great with my Nova-T.
>
> So i think, something important changed in the driver, so that the lock
> speed is so bad.

Though I can't help you, I can confirm you findings. My FF-DVB-T tunes
fast and reliable with the old DVB HEAD, but anything newer just takes
noticably more time to lock and produces more audio and video glitches
while trying to lock...
And 2.6.x tends to leak file descriptors or something like that :(

Cheers,
    Juri

--
Juri Haberland  <juri@koschikode.com>