[linux-dvb] Re: make crash? trying to install skystar2 on mandrake10.1

Simon Robert wrote:
Hi
probably I'm doing something dumb as I really don't know much about this stuff. I have mandrake 10.1, 2.6.8.1-10mdk, and I am trying to use a skystar2 card. I have recompiled the kernel with the dvb-tcpp... firmware compile option on, though I'm unclear if it is needed, and the skystar2 module is there and loaded.

[root@localhost sbin]# lsmod
Module Size Used by
skystar2 25092 0
mt312 7268 0
dvb-core 77288 2 skystar2,mt312

I am using mt312, again I'm not sure if it is correct as I don't know the revision of my card, but no problem to switch to tvs0299 if neccesary.
[...]

Hi,

have you actually *tried* loading stv0299? If you have a newer card that's the only way to make it work. In fact it's no problem loading both frontends. You do not need the firmware if you have a skystr2 only.

Good luck,

Niklas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index