[linux-dvb] ttdvb premium t - FE_SET_FRONTEND failed

Hello All:

I have just upgraded to a technotrend dvb-t premium card with CI from my old ttusb budget model and have just encountered some problems setting it up.

Yesterday I was able to view video from the dvb stream fine in VDR as well as tune to all the channels - however I was not able to get sound through the audio output jack.

Should have been easy to fix, but in the meantime I accidentally grabbed the wrong keyboard and started typing into the box running VDR instead of my MAC and this caused VDR screen to go black. I was then able to get the menu but no dvb output.

I then shutdown vdr and tried using tzap to tune into channels - which gave me the following error - ioctl FE_SET_FRONTEND failed (Input/output error) ..

I tried rebooting my machine and got the same error over and over again.

Have looked through the logs but found nothing to match this problem .. unfortunately I do not know exactly what I had typed into the keyboard until I realised it was the wrong one.

As the box is dual boot, I was able to go into XP and watch tele, so at least the card isn't broken or anything.

Am running Suse 9.1 - kernel updated to 2.6.5.7-111.19 running kernel dvb drivers.

I greatly appreciate any help or advice you can give.

Cheers,

David

Home | Main Index | Thread Index