[linux-dvb] Re: Kaffeine DVB support

Le Mardi 11 Janvier 2005 17:54, lamikr a écrit :
> Christophe Thommeret wrote:
> >We would like some test reports before adding to cvs.
> >So, give it a try. Thanx
> >
> >http://hftom.free.fr/kaxtv/kaffeine-dvb.tar.bz2
> >
> >See README.dvb
> >
> >./configure
> >make
> >make install (you MUST install)
>
> Hi I build, installed and started kaffeine successfully but I am not able
> attributes I need to perform the scan.
> If I go to DVB settings I can see the DVB-device0 and under this a
> predefined list of channel source locations
> but I can not add any new source or edit the information from the
> existing one.
> (Where are these locations configured if I want to change them manually?)

You can create a data file for your source if it's missing.
Go to ~/.kde/share/apps/kaffeine, you will find dirs dvb-s, dvb-c, dvb-t
These dirs contain data files. Create one (take an existing one as start
point). Follow the naming scheme. When done, you are strongly encourage to
submit that new file to linux-dvb_at_linuxtv.org

> Another potential problem or bug that I noticed, is that the list of
> sources is only available in the device settings.
> Should I be able to select one from the "Search on" list when I open
> menu DVB/channels?

In the configuration dialog, you assign a "source" to a device (or several for
diseqc).
If you are on cable or terrestrial network, the source will probably not
change.
If you have several lnb, all the sources are available for scanning.

--
Christophe Thommeret

Home | Main Index | Thread Index