[linux-dvb] Re: Demux stops to work when tuning too many time

From: <emard@softhome.net>
> A typical symptom of 7146 DMA goes AMOK is that data
> flow stops plus a bad side-effect: some files on HD get
> corrputed (I've seen that when developing, linux source
> suddeny won't compile any more, its files.c/h are trashdumped.
> That happened when 7146 bus master DMA with BRS bugs
> takes unpredictable RAM area for it's window, or wrongly
> remaps its PCI base address

Umm, that has never happened to me, and I did do "heavy" development on my
Windows box, with applications crashing, and sometimes even the entire
machine going down because some process could not be cleaned up anymore
(but not due to a bug in my code, as far as I can tell). So it is
definitely not a hardware flaw and can only be the result of a buggy
driver...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach