[linux-dvb] Re: Splitting the stream

simon wrote:
> Hi, sadly I use a FAT32 fs to record stuff from dvb and
> that doesnt permit to have files larger than 4Gb.
> Beside the wise idea to use an other filesystem i wonder
> if there is a smart way to split the stream in files
> of 1Gb or something.
> Maybe i'm wrong but i remember that splitting the stream
> in a point divisible by 256 (bytes) would lead to a not
> broken stream, is that true? Any better idea?
>
> Thanks in advance.

The transport stream has a framing of 188 bytes. The
encoded video stream would still be broken when
unpacking the transport stream. Wasn't it that there
are some unplexing libs that can store split streams?

Btw, AFAIR fat32 can store files larger than 4GB
but most distros ship a libsmb (win32 via network)
compiled with a 32bit off_t, i.e. not "largefile"
which is supported but optional in linux/solaris.
(I was submitting bug reports on that which were
ignored for years).

cheers,
-- guido             http://google.de/search?q=guidod
GCS/E/S/P C++/++++$ ULHS L++w- N++@ s+:a d(+-) r+@>+++