[linux-dvb] strange cpu-load with demux soft

Hello,

I use budget-core and budget-patch to insert TS into dvr0, on my nexus-S.
To validate, i use test_dvr_play, and it works well. Video and sound are played perfectly.

But i have a cpu load of 75%. Could be normal, but, if i add the line :

usleep(100000);

in the loop of the function "play_file_dvr" (just after total += count; for instance), i get a 22% of cpu load. I have checked that there the number of iteration in the loop are correct, and that there are no errors on writing, nor on reading.

So i guess that there is an unexpected active loop somewhere in the driver. Am i right ?

Anyway, what i want to have is a select or a poll on the video0 device, just as in the "test_av_play.c" to ensure that we write when necessary. It works, but i still have a cpu load of 75%.

Can anyone explain why ?

Thanks.

Ronan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index