[mpeg2] Re: REALmagic DVR?

Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Christian Wolff wrote:
> > Dan Hollis wrote:
> > > It uses kfir2? Does anyone know?
> > > http://www.sigmadesigns.com/products/dvr.htm
> > Doesn't look like kfir2, it doesn't feature AC3 audio. Also, there's
> > an awful lot of chips on there for a combined encoder/decoder chip...
> > I would guess they have an EM8400 as decoder and either some sigma encoder
> > or a c-cube encoder. But that's only a guess, because the picture quality
> > is really bad.
> visiontech's press release claims the dvr uses a kfir chip (but doesn't
> say if it's kfir1 or kfir2). you've evaluated its picture quality?

Heh, no, i meant the jpeg of the card on the website. 8-)

> btw visual quality of c-cube dvxpert chipset is miles better than the
> kfir.

Do you know how much cards are currently that use that chip? The last price
i got on a wintv pvr was $220, that's hard to beat.

  Christian.

--
Christian Wolff, CTO, convergence integrated media, Inc.
2565 Third St. #338,  San Francisco, CA 94107-3158, USA

Home | Main Index | Thread Index