[mpeg2] Re: saa7113 driver for other boards

hey, i ended up with one of these asus boards, and stumbled across these
drivers, apparently, they wont work.  here is the response i got to my email:

"The SAA7113 has to be controlled through an I2C bus, which on
your card would be controlled through the video chip.
Furthermore, the YUV data delivered by the SAA7113 has to be processed
by the video chip and overlayed over the normal video.

I think the ASUS card you mention has an nVidia chipset?
AFAIK, some people somehow hacked together an I2C driver for one of
the nVidia chipsets (don't remember which version or if they are all
the same in this regard) but I don't think anybody (besides nVidia)
knows how to control the YUV port and the overlay.
Without information about this you can forget it.

Ralph"

On Friday 18 January 2002 08:00, you wrote:
> Hi
>
> I happened accross this mail exchange of yours:
> [mpeg2] saa7113 driver for other boards
>
> I'm also looking for information on how to get an
> Asus nVidia card to capture video under linux.
>
> There is a russian guy who seems to be able to
> access the saa7113/7111 at least under windows.
> He also has his own .sys driver. Sadly his stuff
> is closed source, but maybe he'd be some help:
>
> www.ad.ru/~lookin/
>
> I did not find the saa7113.c module you mentioned,
> maybe you could post me the url?
>
> One of you also mentioned that some people hacked
> together an i2c driver for the nVidia cards. Is
> there also an url for that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index