[mpeg2] Fw: Fix for kernel-freezes

Kevin Tsui writes:

 > Bram,
 >
 > 	Thanks for the suggestion, it seems to work fine with the "Sleep" changes.
 >
 > 	I have tried to look at the "mdelay" operations in kfir.c and found that
 > most of the delay time is around 1 - 10 ms, which I think they are relatively
 > small time slices and wouldn't be noticed by normal users. However, I found
 > there are 2 major "mdelay" in kfir.c, one is delaying by 100ms, the other is
 > 1000ms (or 1 second). I changed them to 10ms and 100ms respectively and the
 > driver still seems to work fine. (In fact, I think these 2 mdelay are only
 > used when loading the micro code)

There are no mdelays larger than 10 ms in the driver. All longer
delays are done with a schedule_timeout() and they are in there either
because it would otherwise lock up on my board (at the time I tested
it and with 2 Kfir cards inserted) or because it was used in the
Windoze driver. If you change any delays please make sure that this
still works on most boards and at least mention the original value in
a comment.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index