[mpeg2] kfir, mpeg1 and vcd problem...

Well,
I'm very happy with my Kfir board and Suse 8.0!
After some work with the source code of driver, I've a full working driver!
All work great and the quality of mpeg1 seems good. I usualy type:
make insmod
make vcd
and so my kfir is ready to encode mpeg1 at vcd bitrate stream.
First i check the thing with:
cat /dev/video1 | mplayer -vo xvidix -ao alsa9 -
I love the Linux pipe!!
Then an:
cat /dev/video1 >mymovie.mpg
With an:
mplayer -vo xvidix -ao alsa9 mymovie.mpg all work well.
Then I would like have my VCD with that movie and here start the problem.
Nero Burning told me that my movie is not vcd complaint and also vcdimager on
linux tell me some thing of wrong.
So, I ask if some one know which setting and which tools use on linux to make
my VCD. Sure I love kfir because it encodes in realtime, so I would not use
some tools that demux, decode and then mux and reencode my stream...I will
lost the realtime fashion :-)

P.S. When my friend look at my linux with kfir and how it work, he decided to
sell his mpeg2/1 realtime board from Magnex.. :-)

Regards,
Alessandro Marzini
alessandro.marzini@tin.it

Home | Main Index | Thread Index