[mpeg2] Re: Color quality ,when using Kfir1

Deepak S Kotian wrote:

>   I have observed the Color quality is a bit less
>   rich compared to the orignal source.

Do you mean that the saturation is low?

>   Can make out easily, when the orignal source and
>   kfir decoded output source is seen in seperate
>   TVs side by side.
>
>   Is there any parameters than can be set to improve
>   the quality of the Kfir1 driver.

I'm not aware of any color calibration controls on the KFir board.
However, the first step would be to calibrate your "original source" and
whatever MPEG playback unit you're using to each other.  Until you do
that, you don't know which of the three devices in your setup to blame,
really.

I recommend that you get either the AVia test DVD (about US$38) and
calibrate your TV first.  Then if you're using a PC MPEG decoder board,
rip the test patterns off the disc and use them to calibrate your board.
  Ideally now, your decoder board and DVD player should have identical
displays given the same test stream.  (Probably too much to ask, but try
to get close.)  Now you have a known source and a known playback device
to test the KFir board against.

$38 may seem a lot for a DVD, but I've found it very worthwhile.  Having
a calibrated TV is a good thing in general, not just for testing.  This
disc will also help you set up a surround-sound speaker set.

Once you've got everything calibrated as well as you can, you should
still expect some differences in color rendition.  It's just the nature
of the beast.
--
= Video articles: http://tangentsoft.net/video/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index