[mpeg2] HELP:Kfir board irq loop messages and bad A/V capture issues

Hello all:

I have downloaded and installed the CVS version of the kfir drivers and
I am having an issue capturing video.  I am able to capture video on
some occaisons.  I am attempting to capture NTSC full frame at 44.1 or
48 Khz audio.  Captures that seem to be successful at 44.1 Khz seem to
be unplayable using Xine 0.9.12 and 0.9.10.  It displays audio
discontinuities in the debug console and the video stops playing after 2
secs, and the sound breaks up badly after 2 seconds and seems to freeze
the player.

If I select 48 Khz audio, the Kfir board captures about two seconds
worth of video/audio and then stops (ie file size quits growing).  When
this happens the syslog shows the following message:

kfir: irq loop

Until I hit control-c on the cat, and then it prints eready 00200002 to
the syslog.

Here is the insmod command I am using:

insmod kfir.o vidrate=4500000 sndfreq=7 vidinmode=1 vidoutmode=0
vidinput=1 loaded=1

Does any one have any ideas as to why this is happening?

The system details are as follows:

Intel PIII 850 CPU/Soyo SY-6BA+IV Mobo (440BX chipset)
512 MB RAM
40 GB Hard Disk WD UDMA100 (6+ GB Free)
Promise Ultra100TX2 Disk Controller
SB PCI 512
SMC Etherfast NIC
Nvidia GF4 Ti4200 AGP Video with Nvidia Binary Drivers
Redhat 7.2 with Kernel 2.4.18 from kernel.org (I2C and V4L compiled in)

lspci reports the Kfir Card is on IRQ 5, which is not shared with any
other device.

I have successfully ran BTTV cards with and done high bandwidth MPEG1
Captures (MP1E), DXR3 decoder boards, and a DC10+ capture card in this
system in the slot the the Kfir board inhabits now without issues.

Thanks in advance.

Rett Walters

Home | Main Index | Thread Index