[mpeg2] Re: Kfir1 startup time

Op Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:27:38 +0530 schreef "Shubhangi Jadhav" <shubhangi.jadhav@patni.com> het volgende :

> Hi,
> 	I'm working on the Linux kfir1 driver. I'm using the latest version of
> kfir.c from the cvs which contains changes to the Sleep function. However
> insmod still takes up the same time as before.

Do you use the delays=0 kernel parm?
The default behaviour is *not* to remove the delays.
I intend to change this default behavior, as I have seen no reports
of someone having troubles with delays=0, and no troubles with delays=1

   bram

> 	I also have the windows version of the kfir1 driver and it has a
> significantly low startup time. Can anyone explain to me the reason for this
> difference ?
>
> Regards,
> Shubhangi

Those who understand binary mathematics and those who don't.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index