[mpeg2] colour offsets

Hi,

to answer the question of colour correctness for the KFir-card I took my
JVC-DV500 camera, put it into EBU-bars mode and wired the Y/C output of the
cam to the input of KFir. Then I recorded about ten seconds. I loaded these
MPEG2-PS into Premiere and captured one frame at the fifth second. I saved
this frame as TIFF (available on request) and took Photoshop to read the
RGB-values at the middle of each bar.

Here is the result:
colour  R---G---B
white           244-247-244
yellow  185-190-0
cyan            0-194-191
green   0-201-0
magenta 197-0-199
red             200-0-0
blue            0-0-203
black           0-0-0

except in black there is a range of  +/- 2 within one colour bar and not
regarding the pixes "between" the bars

Home | Main Index | Thread Index