[mpeg2] Re: kfir driver insmod no device found on 2.4.18 kernel

Hi,
maybe your card is not working.
Type in as root: lspci.
Then you get a list of all PCI devices. The entry for kfir board looks
like this:

00:08.0 Multimedia controller: Visiontech Ltd: Unknown device 8000 (rev 5e)

This entry has nothing to do with the kfir.o modul. You must have it
after startup the PC.

Michael Holzbrecher

Deepak S Kotian wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I have taken the kfir1 driver source from the
>   cvs as mentioned in FAQ.
>   I have using 2.4.18-3 kernel source that comes with RedHat 7.3.
>   I have a customized kernel of 2.4.18-3 for enabling i2c and others.
>
>   The compilation went through fine after commenting the MX_OBJS
>   from the Makefile as these object file are not needed for 2.4 kernel.
>
>   When I do an insmod on kfir
>   #insmod kfir.o debug=1
>   kfir.o: init_module : No such device.
>
>   This is the error message I get "  kfir.o: init_module : No such
> device"
>   Please let me know, if there is any idea on this.
>   Is there any minimal parameters required in .config file
>   for kfir1 for which the kernel is built.
>   Any help on this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Deepak
>

> Thanks and Regards