[mpeg2] More questions about the MPEX driver

Hi all,

after some explanation from Gerd Knorr, and after reading the driver's
code, I understood the buffering problem that I was having, and I am
doing some experiments for tuning the TS_NR_PACKETS value (hey, with
TS_NR_PACKETS = 1 I get no jitter on the PCR!!! But the stream is
corrupted...)

In the meanwhile, I have some other questions about the MPEX board, and
the driver:
1) I see that the generated TS has video PID = 256, audio PID = 259, and
PCR PID = 260. Is it possible to change such values? Looking at the
driver, they seem to be hardcoded in it, but I hope that the hardware
permit to configure the PIDs... How difficult would it be to fix the
driver?
2) Would it be possible to generate a TS with PCR PID = video PID?
3) How can I set the stream parameters (bit rate, CBR vs VBR, ...)? I
think I must use some ioctl() on /dev/video0... Where is is documented?
4) It seems that the audio volume is a bit low (I have an MPEX board
without tuner, BTW). I already tried things like "v4lctl volume 100", or
similar, but it is still low... Is anyone seeing similar problems? Any
suggestion?

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !