[mpeg2] Re: question about the mpex and vbv buffer and vbv delay

I wrote:

> > constant (and in fact, it is ;-). But I did not look at the video
> > bitrate (I am just trusting the TS analyzer)... I'll try to have a look.
> >
>   Ops! I should read mails twice after replying. I didn't realize you
> wrote VIDEO bitrate :(.
  And I should read my own mails three times BEFORE sending them ...

>   Can the video bitrate be measured by means of DTSs? If it is I can
> write a similar application but using PES and DTSs instead of ts packets
> and PCRs. I've done something similar for program streams.
>
>   I likely get round to do that this week, if so I'll drop some lines in
> this list.

  Well, finally I've written that code. Using the decoding time to
calculate the bitrate of the PES stream, the audio bitrate is perfectly
constant, but the video's does not look constant at all. Plotting the
result with xgraph you can see a saw with sharp teeth.

  I'm not sure if this is the correct way to see the bitrate of a PES
stream, (maybe delving into the 13818-2 standard is required) but the results
agree with yours.

  Best regards

--
	Samuel